Wednesday, December 27, 2006

New Running Goal: Spirit of St. Louis Marathon

As I've said before, I have to have something to train for in order to stay on track. I've therefore chosen to train for the Spirit of St. Louis Marathon on April 15th, 2007. This allows me to immediately slip into an 18 week training program that started a week after the LV Half. No breaks means no backsliding.

I am setting my sights on doing the full marathon. I always wanted to do one, and this one is as good as any. Obviously, its a long way away and I could ratchet back to the half (or even not doing the race at all), but for now I'm going to be training as if I'm doing the 26.2 race.

I started the Hal Higdon Novice Marathon training plan last week with 15 miles of running. This week I move up to 16 miles. Hal's novice program peaks at 20 miles in week 15.

Anyway, I'm on track to complete a full marathon on tax day of 2007. Keep your eyes on this blog to get details of my training and (hopefully) results of the race.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?