Friday, August 04, 2006

Seafair Torchlight Run

I ran in the Seafair Torchlight Run last Saturday evening. This is an 8K in downtown Seattle. The course covers the route of the Torchlight Parade, so there are about 300,000 people watching as you run. It provided a lot of encouragement to run fast.

The course is pretty fast with only gentle upslopes. I guess all those spectators spurred me on to run a PR for an 8K. I finished the race in 43:40, 1 minute and 40 seconds faster than the Beat the Bridge. I know it's not that fast, but I did break a 9:00 pace for the whole race which is good for me.

My next race is the Foot Zone 5K in Redmond on Sunday. I hope to run a sub-25:00 5K. Again, not too fast, but faster than I've ever done a 5k before.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?