Monday, August 07, 2006

Best 5K ever

I ran the Foot Zone 5K yesterday in Redmond. This is a pretty small race with probably less than 500 runners. It is nice in that the course is pretty much perfectly flat. I figured that if there was ever a time to improve my PR on a 5K this was it.

My strategy was to run based on my heart rate. My Run Coach software says I should average about a 171 to 177 HR for a 5K, so that's what I tried to do. I didn't wear my GPS, so my first indication that I was running an okay time was when I hit the 1 Mile mark. After the first mile, I had a 7:30 pace going. The second mile was a little slower, finishing the second mile in about 8:30. I picked it up in the last full mile, finishing it in 8:20. I had a bit of energy left for the last 200 yards. I finished with my HR registering 189. My time was 25:15.

The last decent 5K I ran was the Resolution Run on 1/1/05. I finished that in 29:30. That means I shaved 4 minutes and 15 seconds off my 5K personal record. Not too shabby!!!

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?