Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Woohoo!!!

Well, I've finished the first week of the program. As I mentioned in my previous post, I made it through pretty well. I worked hard during my session with the trainer. The lunge exercise that he has me do is unbelievably hard. I kept my heart rate monitor on throughout the entire workout session. When I was done, the HRM said I'd burned 1000 calories. I know this is probably way overestimated, but still it was pretty interesting.

When I got together with my dietician, I got bits of good news. First, I get to have vegetables now! This was really exciting! To celebrate after my appointment, I grabbed a Thai Beef Salad from the Bistro. It was really tasty!

The really exciting news is from my weigh-in. I got on the scales today and weighed 213.0 lbs. This means I lost 9.4 lbs. in 1 week! I was really shocked. I understand that next week I will probably lose much less than I lost this week, but even if I lose only a pound, this will still be an average of 5 lbs. a week.

I celebrated my successful week and Valentine's Day with my family at Applebee's. It was a good end to a pretty great day.

Comments:
That is FANTASTIC! Congratulations! All that hard work has paid off:) Way to go!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?