Thursday, February 09, 2006
General observations after one day
Well, I've been at this coming up on two days, and I'd like to share some of my observations so far.
- I've not been hungry. Considering that I've probably cut my calories by at least 40%, this is pretty cool.
- The best way I've found to make the shakes is to mix the powder with 12 oz. of water and no ice (plus berries of course). This keeps the shakes from becoming too thick, and cuts some of the bad flavor of the shake mix.
- I've already gotten to the point that I can stand drinking the shakes. I don't need to use the "straight down the gullet" technique I described earlier.
- Yesterday (my first full day on the diet) I was very tired. I'm not sure if this was caused by the diet. I may have taken two of my blood pressure pills (I'm not sure) which can cause drowsiness.
- I've been going to bed earlier, mostly because I regularly get hungry around 10:30 or 11:00 at night. Since the diet doesn't allow snacking that late, I figure it's better just to go to bed before that hunger hits.
- I've had less trouble getting up in the morning. Could this be because I've been going to bed earlier???
- My muscles were a bit sore after my workout on Tuesday, but were not too bad.
- The temptations to eat illegal foods are still there, but I've overcome them. I have not cheated one time.
- It's a good idea to make sure all the foods you can't eat are put away out of sight. I have stored all my "food" (ok, packets of shake mix, fiber supplement, vitimins, and fish oil!) in my own cabinet so I don't have to see all the cereal, Chex mix, pop tarts, etc.
- Chicken sausages are on the approved list. I'm looking forward to grilling up a bunch of these!
Anyway, so far, so good...