Thursday, January 12, 2006

Where I'm starting from

You may be wondering why I'm doing the 20/20 program. I have three areas that I need to work on: weight, blood pressure and cholesterol.

Weight

I currently weigh 216 lbs. I had been about 205 for a long time up until about 18 months ago. At that point I made a decision to start running and was really good for about 6 months. I got up to about 20 miles a week, and got down to 190. Unfortunately, I started to get some pain in my left knee and, according to the physical therapist, had to stop the running for a while to heal. Then I got sick, then the holidays came, etc., etc. Next thing I knew, I was off the bandwagon completely. The weight started to come back, and before I knew it I was back to 205. Unfortunately, I didn't stop when I got back to my starting weight. I kept gaining until I got to the weight I'm at now. It really sucks because this week I actually had to buy 38" waist pants.

Blood Pressure

My was diagnosed with high blood pressure about 3 to 4 years ago. I've been on 8mgs of Aceon each day, and even still my BP is a little high: generally 130+ over 83+ at its lowest. I've measured it where the bottom number was as high as 96 which is not good.

High Cholesterol

My cholesterol is probably the least of my worries. It is high, but not dramatically high. The last time I got a full blood test, it was 221. I know its not good, but it could be worse.

Stay tuned for my goals....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?