Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My visit with the doctor

Well, yesterday was my visit with my 20/20 doctor (Dr. Upton). This is my final appointment before I actually start my diet and exercise program. Basically, the doctor told me what I already knew:
He said that I have insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome, which basically is all the symptoms above. That's the bad news. The good news is that he said the 20/20 Program can fix all these problems at once. Most of these problems above are fixed by losing weight, exercising, and getting better nutrition. Dr. Upton said that the 20/20 Program actually hits all three of these areas, and this "triple whammy" is very effective at fixing all these problems.

He let me in on the meal replacement shake thing: basically, I'll be eating primarily shakes and chicken breasts for the first few weeks of the program. He also told me that to be a 20/20 superstar, you had to do the 30-60 minute cardio workouts on your own during the week.

I'll be meeting with Dr. Upton again after 5 weeks of the program.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?