Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My first visit with the headshrinker

One of the things that they require for the 20/20 program is that you meet with a counselor once a month or so. Yesterday was my first visit. I think the goal of the counselor is to help you deal with the psychological side of making a lifestyle change. I also think the shrink is on the lookout for other issues that may be causing you to be overweight, such as binge eating, depression, etc. Finally, the counselor is there to monitor for eating disorders or other unhealthy activities.

Anyway, the session was pretty much uneventful. I spent about 45 minutes with Donna Flynn going over my background, etc. I think the counselor's opinion is that I just eat too much and don't exercise enough.

Not too exciting, but one more thing out of the way...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?