Friday, January 27, 2006

Eliminating caffeine

In an effort to avoid depriving myself of everything at once (food, caffeine, candy, lethargy, etc.), I have decided to eliminate caffeine from my diet now. Hopefully, this will make things a little easier when I actually begin dieting.

So how much caffeine do I consume each week? Well, weekdays I generally have at least 2 cups of coffee every morning. On top of that, I drink quite a bit of Diet Pepsi every day. When I was filling out the forms for the program, one of the questions was "How many diet soft drinks do you drink a week?" I answered 20 cans.

I'm no expert, but that seems like a fair amount of caffeine every week. I've pretty much stopped the caffeine over the past week. I do feel a bit more draggy than normal, but I haven't gotten headaches or anything (which I've heard can happen to people). Today I fell off the wagon a bit: I'm sitting here at the MINI dealership in Fife waiting for my car. It is so cold in here that I am having a cup of coffee to warm up. Unfortunately, they only have regular coffee.

So, I guess I've already begun my lifestyle change!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?